Monday, June 9, 2014

Double Down

Double Down: Game Change 2012Double Down: Game Change 2012 by Mark Halperin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I like a political book based on facts. This was full of them - so full, it reaffirmed my belief that I am absolutely NOT cut out for a life of politics.

There's something about the 2012 campaign that was just awful. Not the name calling. Not the ads. Not the obscene amounts of money thrown into the parties trying to persuade voters to come their way. That's become expected. It might have been the duration of the campaign. The ridiculous amount of candidates didn't help. I had forgotten a few of the "contenders!"

The frantic pace at which Romney and Obama finally settled in to face each other was probably the fastest I buzzed through this book. And I stayed with it to the very end - right up to the talk of the 2016 campaign. Because that's happening, America. It. Is. Happening.



View all my reviews

No comments: