Monday, March 2, 2009

My Handy Grandpa

That's my grandpa in the yellow shirt. I wish the picture was a little closer so you could appreciate his long hair and goatee. Don't ask me why he's grown out the hair - I suppose it's because he can.

He's very handy. He can fix things. He also likes to build things. When he was visiting me a few months ago, I was saying I needed to get Chaplin one of those cat tree things - you know, the carpeted climbing thingys. My grandpa told me he could make one. At Christmastime, I saw what he had done so far. This weekend, he delivered it. It looked a little top heavy to me, but I figured it would be stable. Here it is:
Chaplin has climbed on it (not all the way to the top). He had knocked it over a few times. That concerns me. I've also noticed he's been pulling at the carpet and I see glue exposed. Now I'm worried he might eat the glue.

Now, I hate the idea of having to throw this thing out, but I don't want Chaplin to get hurt. Really - I don't! I like him when he's all cuddly! I don't want to hurt my grandpa's feelings. I know he spent a lot of time working on it. So, I don't know what to do with this. Any thoughts?

1 comment:

dt said...

staple the carpet...
attach it to a wall or buy a 25ib weight and place it on the base.