Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Celebrating Little Things

As much as I wish I had something to cheer about every day, I don't. Today, I have a very small accomplishment.

At the beginning of the year, I set a reading goal of 25 books this year. With a 1000 page book in my "to read" list, I knew it wouldn't be easy. There were times when I thought I wouldn't get through that book. I powered through, started another book, but I wasn't on pace to reach my goal.

I didn't let that stop me. Luckily, I was reading the incredible true story Unbroken. I finished that in a week! Now, I get this:
I have already read nearly half as many pages this year as I did last year (and I read 30 books last year)! 

I have a stack of books on my nightstand just waiting for me to get to them. My little accomplishments! Now, if only someone would pay me to read...

No comments: