Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year?

I like the promise of a new year. Every year I have lived in my house, I hate how my neighbors ring in the new year a little more.

I wouldn't mind if they took their celebration outside for 15-20 minutes. But this is what goes on for two hours.

BANG! BOOM! FIZZLE! It's like these people bought out a fireworks stand! And look at this:

Does that look like a dog who is having a good time? No. When he's not hiding under my bed, he's begging me to find out why we're under attack and to give them whatever they want to make it stop.
If it's that annoying to us, I can't imagine what it's like to parents of small children trying to sleep.

If you're one of the people who enjoys putting on the two-hour display of slow explosions, please think of us and others in your neighborhood on these fireworks holidays. If you don't, we might have to call the police and report a crime more serious than your explosives (because we all know those fireworks hotlines are worthless). Or we'll get up really early to make noise outside your house. Or you might catch me letting my dog poop in your yard without me picking it up. I don't know what I might do next time. I know I've got until July to figure out my plan. Jerks.



2 comments:

Quirky Girl said...

I'm with you on this one. I'm a huge animal lover and the poor things get scared s***less. When I got woken up by loud bangs and shouting people in the street I thought the sale of fireworks to the general public needs to be banned. I may be a party pooper but there are still some people that unfortunately have to get up for work on New Year's Day - I'm not one of those people but at least I think of those people & respect their situation.

Nicole said...

I wish I had a respectful neighbor like you!