I'm especially excited about tonight's Golden Globes! Not only do we get a chance of a drunken celebrity acceptance speech (that ain't water they're sipping at those tables), but I finally got the awards show hosts I've asked for: Tina Fey and Amy Poehler!
here. Not only are these ladies funny and spontaneous, they also have a little bit of awards show spirit. They've created a drinking game for tonight's show! Here are their rules if you're unable to click that link:
THR: OK, so can you come up with a couple of rules for a Globes drinking game?
Fey: Any time an actress cries in a speech, drink. Any time you see a person actively not listening to someone onstage, drink.
Poehler: Any time someone says, “I didn’t prepare anything!”
Fey: Any time anyone thanks Harvey Weinstein, eat a meatball sub.
THR: How about any time they show Judi Dench?
Fey: Yeah. You take off an article of clothing.
Poehler: Any time Maggie Smith wins.
I like those, but I also have my own. If you're too lazy to click the link (BTW, even I am not that lazy), here are my additions:
- Drink when a winner thanks his/her mom.
- When the accountants take the stage, drink when they start talking and don't stop until the music plays them out. Note: If you're new to drinking, skip this rule. It could kill you.
- Drink when the hosts get the giggles.
- Drink when the hosts or presenters sing.
- If a host, presenter or winner curses, read their lips, shout the curse word, then drink.
- Drink if you see a wardrobe malfunction (and this does not include a gorgeous celebrity in a bad dress - think nipple).