Monday, February 25, 2013

The Sugar Queen

The Sugar QueenThe Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I wanted to love this book, but I just couldn't. Around the halfway point, I looked up the author. The chapters named after candy, the girl who smells like peppermint, the woman living in a closet - it was like some sort of candy land fantasy that I thought was written by a teenage girl. Nope. Sarah Addison Allen is definitely an adult.

When I looked past the sugary-sweet references, I saw a good story. It was impossible for me to look past them when they were mentioned on practically every page. This book would be good for a reader who likes young adult stories. If you tend to favor more adult stories of love and friendship, skip this one.

I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
http://www.BookCrossing.com/journal/11405284



View all my reviews

No comments: