Friday, May 15, 2009

PEEVE Report

If you know me, you know I'm easily peeved. At some point, you've probably asked me to tell you what's not a peeve as that list would be shorter. But last night, I decided I've had enough of something.

RING TONES.

Now, before I begin my rant, let me tell you this: I have a ring tone (actually two - one for calls (The Ting Tings "Great DJ", one for texts (Chris Farley saying, "Fat guy in a little coat"). However, I don't force everyone to hear it at all times. When I walk into work, I turn on the "vibrate" function. When it buzzes on my desk I can hear that. I mean, why would my co-workers need to hear "Imagine all the girls, Ah ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah. And the boys, Ah ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah. And the strings, Eee, eee, eee, eee, eee, eee, eee, eee. And the drums, the drums, the drums, the drums, the drums, the drums, the drums, the drums, the drums, the drums, the drums, the drums?"

The problem? I realized my co-workers think it's perfectly OK to let their phones blast things like the Sportscenter open or go BING BONG BING BONG even when they're sitting right there next to the phone.

WHY????

So, in my not-so-subtle way, I'd like to ask anyone reading this to PLEASE turn off your party phone when you're in a work environment, church, doctor's office or any other place where people need quiet/concentration time. You can rock "Baby Got Back" when you're outside, but when you're in my space, turn that noise off!

Thank you!
You're cranky pal, Nicole

No comments: