Friday, May 15, 2009

The Week in Pop Culture

Apparently, The Donald likes him some crazy! He hired Joan Rivers (though she won't be working for him - she just earned money for charity) on the finale of The Apprentice.

The cowboy with the wooden robot arms got booted from "Dancing With The Stars."

The Widower got kicked off "American Idol," leaving two guys whose albums you'll probably never buy in the finals.

ABC has picked up a show that will either be the death of the network or a huge hit. So long as I don't have to actually see Ryan Seacrest, I'll be OK with it.

One more example of how fake MTV's reality shows are: they're bringing back a girl who likes to create drama. Oh, I'll still watch because I consider it perfectly healthy to yell things like "You're an idiot!" and "REALLY????"

Because Johnny Depp can do anything, why shouldn't he play Frank Sinatra on the big screen?

Miss California blamed the devil for that whole gay marriage question. Guess he wasn't to blame for her pre-contest boob job -must have been the pageant people who paid for it. Oh, and she gets to keep her title, so YIPPEE!!

Miss Panama makes that pageant girl look smart.

Something to take a shot at your self-esteem: Maxim's Hot 100 List.

Her heart will go on! Break out the tissues (and in my case, the earplugs): Celine Dion is going back to Vegas.

Bruce Jenner, soon to be 60, wants to look like he did when he was in the Olympics 100 years ago.

Brian Williams knows more than news. He loves him some music. LOTS OF IT!

I'm a hat fan, but have never placed a hat on my holiday tree. Perhaps this one will do the trick.

America's Next Top Model gave a former Super Model the heave-ho because of her attitude. What? She was just being a MODEL.

Last Saturday, you may have laughed at Mother Lover, but my favorite SNL moment was this one.

Because there aren't enough GOOD steroids stories out there, the "American Gladiators" (remember them?) are coming to the big screen!

This sounds a lot like "Love Actually" - only not as good. I know, I know. It's not out yet. I should give it a chance. Unlike some people I know, I'll pass on this one in the theater.

While we were electioning, Jessica Simpson was, um, doing this. We win!

Speaking of politics...my beloved Joe B. is not smarter than a 5th grader. It's OK. He still has a special place in my heart. I'm scared to say otherwise.

The President made a few funnies at Washington's expense. Then Wanda Sykes had to go and, well, be herself.

See? I'm not the ONLY one bothered by ringing cell phones!

One more political post: our dear Governor MoFo likes 'em on their knees in his office. TRUE STORY. Read and watch it here.

No comments: