Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I Made The First Cut!

After one episode of "Cougar Town," I have decided this show is just not worth my time.

I'm not saying you shouldn't watch it, I'm just saying I won't. Ever. Again.

You see, I liked Courtney Cox's Monica on "Friends." She was great at playing the neurotic control freak. I especially adored her as "Fat Monica." That's why I was willing to check this one out. Plus, it's on ABC and I work for one of its affiliates, so I tend to check out more of the Mickey Mouse network's shows than I probably should.

I did not laugh at this show once. The script was filled with cliche after cliche. Every bit of it was predictable. It was uncomfortable. It was awkward. I just didn't see anything promising here. I don't know how many weeks this show will last, but I bet it's a matter of time before they're talking about bikini waxes, hormone therapy and va-jay-jay lifts.

I warned the new shows I would keep them on a tight leash. I meant it. I will never return to "Cougar Town." Not even when I'm old enough to call myself a cougar - which I won't.

No comments: