Friday, June 26, 2009

Week in Pop Culture

Perez Hilton says he was attacked by Will.i.am and some of his peeps over the weekend. Apparently, he didn't think his nasty comments about people - both on the web and in person - would lead to physical violence. He also refused to apologize for his role in the mess. SIDE NOTE: Yes, I know I'm mean. However, if you come at me swinging, know that I will not tweet about it and cry. I'll swing back. Closed fist, fools. Oh, I'll still send people to this picture of Fergie and her potty pants.

Speaking of beat downs...Chris Brown pleaded guilty to attacking his former girlfriend, Rihanna. No snarky remark here.

Ed McMahon died. And to make this about me, I'll say that I'm sad he'll never show up with one of those big checks from Publisher's Clearing House. I guess I should stop sending in my entries now.

Farrah Fawcett died.I thought she was looney tunes in recent years. Then, I watched her documentary a few weeks ago. I have a whole new respect for her and Ryan O'Neal. He really loved her. I'm actually a little worried about how he'll handle life without her.

Michael Jackson died. This one was totally surprising. I mean, he wasn't sick (not physically anyway). I'm choosing to remember the Michael who is on my iPod, not the one who had the legal troubles.

Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick welcomed twin girls via surrogate. I'm not sure, but I think the babies might be wearing the world's smallest pair of Jimmy Choos.

Jon & Kate decided to separate. No one saw that coming.

Darryl Hannah - jail bird.

Nick Lachey & Vanessa Minnillo broke up. I don't really care, but it's news (?).

Apparently blood is thicker than water - at least in New Jersey!

Holy retouching! Mariah Carey has three pictures of herself on her new album cover. They're boobtastic!

Speaking of body parts, did you see this Burger King ad? It sooo does not make me want a sandwich.

And I'll end this week with one of my favorite Michael Jackson videos.

No comments: