Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I Love Free Stuff In The Mail!

Well, I love the surprise. I may not love what's in the package. Still, exciting to get something when you're not expecting it.

Imagine my surprise when I spotted this in the mailbox Monday.
At first, I'm thinking, "Could this really be a mixtape ... about a show ... in my mailbox?" Then, I opened it.
Ray Romano, Scott Bakula, Andre Braugher. In a glass. Their show, "Men of A Certain Age," with the tagline "Life is what you make it." Hmmm. First of all, I am not a man. I am not close to their age bracket. And of those three, Andre Braugher is the only one who's TV work I have admired (LOVED him on "Homicide"). Then, I take a look at the mini-cassette looking device.
I get excited - I absolutely love getting new music! So, I plugged it in to my laptop, hesitating for a second (I mean, it could be some sort of phishing tool or be loaded with a virus or something). Nope. I get a preview of the TNT show and three songs: "The Best of Times" by Styx, "Up Around The Bend" by Creedence Clearwater Revival, and "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake.

Now, if you know me at all (or have read my blog before), you know that I make snap judgments. So allow me to make one based on this little package and the previews I've seen.

Not. Good.

I hate writing those words with a project that has the talented Andre Braugher in it. I know that I am not their demographic. I mean, maybe if I were 15 years older (or more), I'd be all over this. Maybe if I were a dude, I'd have set my DVR to record this show. Maybe if they would have sent me a bigger playlist, then I'd think, "Who cares about the content of the show - I'm in it for the music!"

Nope.

Even though I'm running out of shows to watch, I can't do this one. But if any other network wants to send me gifts to try to sway me, I'm open to it.

So long as it doesn't involve Gosselins, MTV reality whores or anyone from that "Sex Rehab" show.

See? I do have some standards.

PS - if you want this little mix tape, let me know. I'll gladly pass it on!

No comments: