Wednesday, April 25, 2012

OOOH! It's Spring!

I don't have too much time to be excited about this because spring doesn't last long around here (though it did creep in earlier than usual). The sunny days and cool nights are one of my favorite parts of the season. But I also LOVE that just about everything is in bloom. Here's what happened to my crepe myrtle in one week:
April 17
April 18
April 19
April 20
April 21
April 22
April 23
April 24

I'd like to say that my tree puts out those soft pink flowers all on its own, but the truth is, I have to feed it, water it and tell it how pretty it is. The one year I did not do that, I didn't have a single flower.

I'm enjoying this pretty site as long as I can. It won't be long before the summer sun and a the slightest breeze leave a trail of pink flowers around my neighborhood. I can't believe my HOA doesn't send me nastygrams about that!

No comments: