Monday, April 30, 2012

Look What I See!

It's been nearly a month since I brought home a tomato plant (and a few other living things). You can read about it and see the picture proof here. I have been disappointed every day since then because my tomato plant flowered, grew but never had a single little tomato. Then, this weekend, I was watering it and spotted these:

Four little green tomatoes!

I was just about to give up on the plant as I had started Googling "why does my tomato plant hate me?" and "how do you command a tomato plant to bear fruit?" Then, to spy those itty bitty tomatoes! It was like the plant was begging me to give it a chance!

I'm going to resist the urge to pluck them when they're small - no matter how much I want to! I think the rule is you wait until they are mostly red, then bring them in to ripen. In my Googling, I did see that if you water the plants too much, the tomatoes won't have any taste. Now, I'm scared my one cup of water each day is too much. I did start watering at night Saturday because I read that's a better time to water them.

I'm just excited that I have these little green things! I hope they continue to grow and that they get a few friends soon!

No comments: