Friday, October 31, 2008

We Are A Big Mess

So, my dear friend Denise broke her ankle killing a spider (that's the short version - and, YES, I did tell her she shouldn't kill Charlotte). Finally, I get a picture of her in her wheelchair.
She's a good sport, so I'm hoping she doesn't make me take this down. I LOVE IT! She actually wears that headband EVERY day. Because she's a tiger. GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I was telling her this afternoon we will be quite the spinster pair in the nursing home. We plan to find one that serves booze daily. We'll allot time to note our ailments, perhaps do some knitting, have someone push us around the grounds, then wheel our happy behinds into happy hour!

2 comments:

jayme said...

I love how the sign behind her says "Ring Bell." Did Denise ring the bell?????

p.s. I hope everything is okay.

Julie said...

I'm sorry for her pain and suffering, but that picture was cracking me up. Was she also on the cellphone, reading a book and smoking a cigarette when she was killing the spider? That might explain the injury.