Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Let's Get Political, Political

I want to get political. Let me hear your campaigns talk.

Sorry, that's the best I can do with "Physical."

When I read this quote this morning, I flicked my monitor.

Cindy McCain said today that she expects her husband to clear the record at tonight’s debate and let America know where he truly stands.

McCain, who stopped to visit a half-dozen children at the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt today, said the presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama has "waged the dirtiest campaign in American history,” and her husband Sen. John McCain will use tonight’s debate to correct the distortions.

The only thing John McCain did well last night was keep his temper in check. I did not like that both candidates did more of the same - oh, and manage to get their facts wrong. Remember change? Remember reform? They need to change and reform their tactics in next week's debate.

First of all, BOTH campaigns are (at best) waist-deep in mud. It's like both parties are just throwing a whole bunch of mud to see what sticks. I know plenty of people who believe whatever they hear - either from the candidate or from a political ad. Unlike yours truly, they don't check these things out to find out what's true. This really makes my blood boil!

Second, for a guy who calls himself a "Maverick," why is he letting his wife fight his battles for him? Shouldn't she just stick to the issues herself? Instead of throwing mud from her perfectly manicured nails, shouldn't Cindy McCain be careful not to get her 5-figure suit dirty? COME ON!

Take a look at some of the facts. This site lists the lies that keep making the rounds. There's no spin on this site, which looks at both sides. The Washington Post puts all things political to the Pinocchio test. If that's "too liberal" for you, the Washington Times does it, too.

I really hope the candidates (and their people) will stop this nonsense in these last weeks before Election Day. I want them to address the issues - like the economy. I am more afraid of my 401k shrinking than al Qaeda. Besides, if we don't have a solid economy, the terrorists win - they will surely take credit for crippling America. You know there's not a single politician out there who will take full blame for leading us to a recession.

AAAHH. I feel better.

No comments: