Friday, October 31, 2008

Why I Hate Going To The Doctor

I went to the doctor Wednesday. For the last six weeks I haven't been feeling well - not bad, just not well. After some uncomfortable (and one VERY painful) tests, I filled a few vials of blood, went to work and had a flu shot. And now, I wait.

I have to have an ultrasound next week (for the record, I am NOT pregnant). I'm a little nervous about having to show up with a full bladder. I mean, how long can I hold all that water without peeing my pants?

I'll admit, it's a little nerve wracking to have a doctor say, "Your problems might be thyroid-related, but it could be ovarian cancer." Now, I firmly believe in thinking the worst so that if it's not true I can be relieved. But, seriously, I just want to know. NOW.

I would think that if my blood tests turned up something really scary, I'd get a call before I go back to the doctor in a week and a half. But it's the not knowing that is making me crazy. It's weird that I'm a little on edge now, since I've been waiting more than a month just to see the doctor. Forgive me if I'm a little cranky, tired or spaced out. I'm having a bit of a hard time concentrating these days. I'm also incredibly tired. So if you call and wake me up, don't worry. I'll fall back asleep (unless I have to race off to work - sadly, no naps there).

I'll keep you posted and try to keep my Debbie Downer posts to a minimum. Until then, how about a little Debbie Downer?

No comments: