Monday, September 1, 2008

Is There Kitty Daycare?

My kitten is crazy. I pretty much just like him when he's sleeping. All morning, I have been picking up after him. He has pulled things out of the pantry - even though the door is closed. He likes to take a mouth full of food, drop it on the table, then eat half of it before going back into the bowl and repeating. He scattered catalogs all over my office. He pushed bills off my desk. He has knocked over a lamp - twice. He has used every ounce of his little kitten strength to pull Charley's toys out of the box. When I got out of the shower, he jumped in and knocked over everything in his reach.

That was Monday before 11:30. We have only been awake since 8AM.

I am asking about kitty daycare because I think he needs to do more than wrestle with Charley. As I type this, he has settled down on the sofa for a nap. He's cute. I still don't forgive him for this daily knucklheadedness. Do they make those gerbil wheels in cat sizes? I'm open to suggestions on how to wear him out and keep him out of trouble during the daytime.

Luckily, he hasn't learned how to jump onto the counters. Yet.

No comments: