Sunday, December 7, 2008

Suck It Oil Companies, Pt. 7

It's been a while since I started this little feature. I started making note of gas prices when they were $3.65. The highest price I paid was $3.93. As I watched the price leap with every drop of fuel, it made me angry. It also made me glad I was not cruising around in a gas guzzler!

So imagine my joy when I filled up the other day.
Yep. $1.63! I think that's better than my title! It's like giving the middle finger to those companies that have had record profits (and no doubt planned on giving their big bosses huge bonuses before the feds started saying, "Not so fast...")! And it's gets better...

One oil exec is predicting gas around $1 a gallon next year! YAY!

I'm not discontinuing this little feature because, as my dad says, "My Mama did raise a fool, but I have a brother." That's some country thing. Anywho, I understand that just like the prices climbed this year, they'll climb again. I just hope it's not for a while. And I REALLY hope none of those oil companies show up on The Hill with their hands out. They've been raking in the money for years. If they haven't put it to good use, I say the heck with them! And bring on the fuel-friendly vehicles!

1 comment:

jenimartinez said...

Imagine my happiness as the gas prices plummeted. We have a 'burb. Yup, a huge, freaking bus to carry around our load of children. So paying $150 to fill up my tank at the highest this summer sucked bigtime. Yesterday, I filled up, it was $44.75. Flipping awesome! I guess I'll stop threatening the kids to ride their skateboards to school.