Thursday, April 29, 2010

Keeping Myself Honest

I was looking back at this post from 2009 and realizing I did not do such a great job with all of my plans for what was then a new year. The thing that disappointed me most was that I had not read nearly as much as I had hoped. Nerdy resolution? Maybe. Still, totally worth it if the right books come along!
Today, I had an idea.

I would list the books that I've read this year on this blog.

You'll find the two that I've read so far on the right side of the page.

I have also committed to buying a handful of books by pre-ordering them. BTW - if you aren't on the list at Borders, do it NOW. Even if you don't have a Borders in your neck of the woods, you can order online. They send emails with fantastic savings on pre-orders. Even if you have them shipped to you, you can still get the book cheaper than if you paid full price. 

So, how many books can I read this year? I have no idea. If the ones I choose are interesting, I think I can get through quite a few. One a month? That might be too ambitious. But I'll set a goal of at least six books by the end of the year. That's one every other month. I should be able to manage that.

I think.

Check back often to see if I'm adding books. And if you want to know what I think of what I've read, let me know! Also, if you've read something you really liked, please share it with me!

No comments: