Monday, June 27, 2011

Everything Doesn't Have To Be Sexy

While the temperature here is hovering around the century mark, I've been freezing at work. I'm not complaining about the cold - well at least most of me isn't. My fingers have gotten so cold, they seem to be refusing to hit the right keys while I type. So, I decided I need some fingerless gloves to keep my hands warm and functioning. Have you ever tried finding cold weather gear in a place that only has cold weather for about two months out of the year? It's nearly impossible. God bless the Internet!

I turned to Etsy - home of the crafty folks looking to make a buck (or more). Now, this is what I had in mind when I started looking:
Nice, knitted gloves with fingers exposed to allow for typing (or texting/Tweeting/Facebooking on my phone when I can wear these in our winter weeks). Browsing a little further turned up these options:
I never thought fingerless gloves could be sexy! And who knew hands could have so much, um, personality? 

I suppose if I worked in a sex toy factory - or had a part-time gig as a dominatrix who worked in a freezer, these would be good options. However, I work in a much tamer environment (mostly). These are just not for me. Unless I want attention. Or a trip to HR.

No comments: