The Ides of March
Look, this movie had me at Clooney and Gosling. Throw in a little politics and I'm SO in! Plus, this movie smells of Oscar - can't miss!
So, Wall Street movies are the new war films? I have seen at least two of them and liked them, so I'm curious about this one. Plus, it has two of my favorite baldies: Stanley Tucci and Kevin Spacey. I have a couple of free movie passes, so I'll likely use one on this (or matinee it).
This movie looks just creepy enough to be kinda good. Also worth the gamble: Melissa Leo and John Goodman. Haven't seen them share space since Treme. And I miss that.
I have come to terms (kind of) with the fact that Justin Timberlake wants to be a movie star and can't just settle for knocking it out of the park on SNL and making fun music. However, I am not watching him on the big screen. I'll see this when it comes to my house in a little envelope.
Here are the movies I won't see:
- Real Steel - While I love seeing a shirtless Hugh Jackman, I just can't do these smash 'em up movies. Hurts my head. Literally. They're loud! Yes, I am old.
- The Thing - I'm already afraid of science, so I don't need to see (a) a remake of a movie that creeped me out or (b) a movie that makes me not ever want to do my own experiments because if the experts can't get this to work, how could I?
- Footloose - No. No. No. No. No. Not even if Kevin Bacon makes a video just for me, telling me it's OK to see this remake would I dare to see this. I'm also not on board with the soundtrack - old songs, new voices? Nope. Just feels wrong.
- The Big Year - I love Steve Martin. But a movie with Owen Wilson and Jack Black - two actors who play the same character over and over (yes, I count Kung Fu Panda)? Almost unforgivable.
- Trespass - OH. Nicole Kidman and Nic Cage. Can we just call this "the movie where the stars make one face and it sticks?"
- Paranormal Activity 3 - They made a third movie? Saw the first. Creeped out. Refused to see the second. Makes no sense to see the third.
- The Rum Diary - Oh, Johnny Depp. Stop doing this to me!
- Anonymous - Ugh. I seriously hate this period.
- Johnny English Reborn - How is this even getting screens in theaters?