Monday, August 30, 2010

I Feel Better!

I haven't been under the weather (not that I know of, anyway - unless there are obvious signs of mental illness. Are there? Please send me a list!). I have often been criticized for my ridiculously long list of shows to which I dedicate my DVR - and late nights and weekends. But after watching most of last night's Emmy Awards (I had to quit to watch Mad Men), I feel slightly vindicated.

Take a look at the winners:

  • Best Series, Drama: Mad Men
  • Best Series, Comedy: Modern Family
  • Best Actor, Drama: Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad
  • Best Actress, Drama: Kyra Sedgwick, The Closer
  • Best Actor, Comedy: Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory
  • Best Actress, Comedy: Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie
  • Best Supporting Actor, Drama: Aaron Paul, Breaking Bad
  • Best Supporting Actress, Drama: Archie Panjabi, The Good Wife
  • Best Supporting Actor, Comedy: Eric Stonestreet, Modern Family
  • Best Supporting Actress, Comedy: Jane Lynch, Glee
  • Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy: The Daily Show
  • Outstanding Reality Program: Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution
  • Outstanding Reality-Competition Program: Top Chef
  • Outstanding Host for Reality-Competition Program: Jeff Probst, Survivor
  • Guest Actress, Drama: Ann Margaret, Law and Order: SVU
  • Guest Actor,  Drama: John Lithgow, Dexter
  • Guest Actress, Comedy: Betty White, Saturday Night Live
  • Guest Actor, Comedy: Neil Patrick Harris, Glee
  • Outstanding Made for Television Movie: Temple Grandin
  • Outstanding Miniseries: The Pacific
  • Outstanding Lead Actress, Miniseries or Movie: Claire Danes, Temple Grandin
  • Outstanding Lead Actor, Miniseries or Movie: Al Pacino, You Don't Know Jack
The winners in bold are from shows/series/movies I watched and loved! Like my rotating list of shows I watch (yes, it's a long list, but these shows aren't on year-round, so I get a break - sometimes a very long one - between series), I've watched a LOT of winners!

So, between my random reality show marathons that I blame on Bravo, I do watch some good TV! I also have to thank my dear friend, Denise, for turning me on to Dexter as I don't have Showtime and watch the whole season in a weekend courtesy of Netflix.

If you've been looking for something to watch, I recommend you check out those winners. Many of them are on DVD now, so you can watch them even if you don't have cable!

And please stop judging me for my love of television. Not all of it is rotting my brain!!!

No comments: