Sunday, July 27, 2008

I'm Going About This All Wrong

I read an article tonight in the NY Times about bloggers. First off, when it comes to giving blogs high marks, apparently those with franks and beans get all the glory. I write that with anger because I think I'm pretty darn good at blogging. I try to make at least one post a day. I give you my homemade videos. I give you pictures. What more can you people possibly want from me? Blood?

Oooh. Nicole's angry.

And speaking of herself in third person.

Once I get past that part of the article, there are mentions of other well-known bloggers (ladies). They're so well-known, I haven't heard of most of them.

Whatever.

Then, I see that at least one of them gets all kinds of stuff from companies who want her to either give things away to readers or try them out and write about them. So here's my pitch:

Corporate America, send me your goods. Even if I don't like them, I'll write nice things about them. Small companies or start-ups, send me your products, too. I'm not picky. I'll pimp whatever you send me - as long as it's not naughty. If you're a REAL company, put your website and contact information in the comments section. If you're some weirdo who just wants to tease me, take your comment and suck it.

Bring on the swag!!

No comments: