Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer Style

What's your summer style?

Does it look something like this?
If so, you must be under the age of 25, shorter than 5 feet, and a gazillionaire to pull it off.

The reason I ask is I watched this piece on the NY Times about what women are wearing on their feet this summer. Surprisingly, most of the ladies look a lot like Mary Kate Olsen - from the ankle down. I see it and admire the shoes - except those gladiator sandals. I think of the trouble it takes to buckle all of those straps. And I really don't think they look good on anyone.

However, these have become my shoes of the summer.Sparkly converse I got at Target. They're comfy. They don't require any flip-flopping. They don't need to be tied. They go with almost everything.

Maybe the sneakers appeal to me because I'm getting old and I just want comfortable shoes these days. Don't get me wrong. I like a higher shoe, but if I have to walk more than a few feet I want to be on something that's going to keep me from hitting the ground.

No comments: