Saturday, July 26, 2008

Suck It Oil Companies, Pt. 6

I use that title with a little less anger than I've used in the last few weeks. Why? Because I filled up yesterday for $3.86 a gallon.

It is wrong that price actually made me happy.

Well, happy is probably not the word for it. Relieved? That might be the word.

I have gotten in the habit of filling up whenever my car reaches 1/4 of a tank. This time, it cost me just under $40 to top off the tank. I don't want to hear from those of you with large trucks or SUVs. I know that wouldn't fill half your tank. WAAAAH! Did it really sound like a good idea to buy a vehicle that gets 20mpg on the highway?

The folks at AAA predict prices will fall another quarter by Labor Day. Yay. That's a real steal (she says with sarcasm). It could always be worse. Alaskans are paying the highest prices in the country: $4.68 - and it's as much as $8.50 in remote areas! Yikes!

And if you haven't looked back at what you were paying a year ago, I've done the research. Prices now are 65% higher than they were last July.

Jerks.

1 comment:

The Mind Of L-Ram said...

That's right, SUCK IT, oil companies!!!