Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I Miss These Girls!

Today, one of my favorite singers, Adele, releases her new album. I already LOVE the first single:

I love this song even though Julie has drawn my attention from Adele's amazing voice to the backup singers and their super cheery "You're gonna wish you never had met me!"

Adele's new music has made me excited for other ladies who are releasing new music - even though it means I have to buy a new iPod to make room for them.

Lady Gaga
Go ahead, make fun of her appearance, but this Lady has a way of getting a hook stuck in my head. Also, she can actually sing without the gimmick (take that, Ke$ha!). The first song from her new album makes me happy.

Yes, it sounds a bit like Madonna's "Express Yourself." I liked that song, too!

Beyonce
I have read that this lady is furiously working on her new album - which is great because while I love this song:

I'm ready for something new. Plus, I feel like she's taunting me in those makeup ads. Speaking of...

Gwen Stefani
I see her in those L'Oreal ads and it doesn't make me think of red lipstick. It reminds me that it's been a REALLY long time since Gwen dropped this:

How B-A-N-A-N-A-S is that? I know she's been busy having babies and designing super cool clothes, but I want her back in the studio ASAP!

Kelly Clarkson
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that her new music will be a little more like her last album because I love singing along with this song:

So as long as I get more songs like that, I'll be happy.

The Ting Tings
I know, this is a group (and there's a guy), but I am waiting for something to follow up this:

I like that it's simple and a bit chanty. Sometimes that helps during my commute.

Missy Elliot
Seriously, where has she been? It's been a long time since this:

I know Missy has appeared on other people's songs, but I want her to release her own album, like, yesterday!

Lauryn Hill
Oh, how I love The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill!

I know she's on the crazy train, making people wait four hours or more to hear her play, but if she could get back to making music like THAT, I'd be on board!

Now, my iPod is not full of pop music. I have a little bit of everything. But there's something about a pop song that makes me happy. Maybe it's the fine line between rage and sugary-sweet lyrics or the fact that I don't listen to the radio (it just ruins songs by playing them so often I can't listen to them any more).

PS - I'm also excited about the new Dr. Dre!

No comments: