Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Movies I Can't Wait To Miss This Month

This is the time of year when movies get serious. They're hoping to create some Oscar buzz - and that makes me excited! It should be the time of year when I struggle over which movies to see, not which ones will make me stay far, far away. But, here are some of the movies coming out this month that will not get one penny from me.

Machete
MACHETE: Trailer. Watch more top selected videos about: Machete (film), Lindsay Lohan
No. While I'm intrigued by a movie with Robert DeNiro, I have a personal challenge to not see a Jessica Alba movie. Also, Steven Seagal is in this. So, that's a double no. And Lindsay Lohan is allegedly in this one, though her presence is not noted in the trailer. I might see this when it shows up on HBO, but not one second sooner.

Going The Distance

This is tough for me. I adore Drew Barrymore. I just cannot stand these kinds of movies. Long distance relationship, trying to make love work. Ugh. Why can't they just break up at the beginning and move on? This is super annoying to me. Like Machete, I'll probably watch this on HBO. Not quite Netflix-worthy for me.

Resident Evil - Afterlife

Since I haven't seen any of the other Resident Evil movies (there's more than one, right?), I feel like I wouldn't get this movie.

Devil

What is this? It seems like a spoof/cheesy horror flick. Has M. Night Shyamalan just given up? Until he proves to me that he can make a decent movie, I'm avoiding him and his weak flicks like the plague.

Alpha and Omega

I am definitely not the target audience for this one. But there's absolutely nothing appealing about this one. Can't do it.

Here's what I want to see:
Wow! There are a lot of interesting movies out this month! If only work didn't get in the way of my trips to the theater!

No comments: