Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day!!

Isn't it strange how Earth Day used to be seen as some hippie movement? Now, with gas prices climbing nickel by nickel to $4 and beyond, it's hard not to look at the way you do things. Maybe you make changes to save money, but you can save the planet (and BTW, Madonna & JT, it'll take way more than four minutes).

I've been trying to make some changes myself. I'm trying to bring my lunch to work more often (it is exciting to see that I'm saving money, too - not buying a meal when I have groceries at home and not wasting gas). I'm buying more green-friendly products. Though you should be careful if you only buy organic stuff. It's not always a good deal. I thought I was doing pretty good. Then I read this. Ugh. Earth, why don't you understand I'm afraid I'll lose my flatware if I take it to work???

If you're looking for ways to be a little more green, or reduce your carbon footprint, go here. And if you don't know the size of your footprint (it has nothing to do with the size of your actual foot), answer these questions. However, if you're single AND you drive a lot, don't be surprised to learn your footprint is the equivalent of JLo's booty - big.

Now you can't say no one told you this stuff. What are you doing to make the earth happy? What changes are you making? I'm looking for tips people. Free ones. Give 'em up.

[Image via Corbis]

No comments: