Friday, April 18, 2008

What is happening?

First, it was so stormy last night, my little dog couldn't sleep, which meant I couldn't sleep. After about five and a half hours of tossing and turning in bed, he insisted I wake up. I managed to get out of bed, turn off the alarm and let him outside. It was cool and sunny outside - beautiful. Still, I needed more sleep, so I went back to bed. It felt like I slept for hours, though it was only about 20 minutes. I turned on the TV from bed and saw there had been an earthquake in the midwest!

There was a minor quake in Santa Barbara earlier this week, just days after a new study predicting a biggie in California.

Last week, there was even one near San Antonio! It happened when I was asleep, so no telling if there was any rumbling at my house.

Is the earth angry with us? Is this just a coincidence? Am I just paranoid? Or am I just asking too many questions because I'm sleep deprived?

It is making me think I should go see California before it drops off into the ocean like my 7th grade science teacher told me it would. I just don't want to be there when The Big One gets rolling. I would definitely wet my pants...or worse.

No comments: