Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Facebook Is Mean

I love Facebook. I do. I love that I get to see what my friends are up to (especially the pictures - keep 'em coming). However, this social networking site has gone from creepy (see examples here, here and here) to just plain mean.

Without warning or even an option to keep things the same, Facebook shrunk the font.
I did that screen grab from my page this morning. I blew it up to 100%. How easy is that to read? As if I'm not already worried about computer eye strain, now, just to see someone's status update, I have to squint to make out the words in the super tiny print!
What about that is fun? It's like Facebook wanted to find a way to make users unhappy AND blind. It's the ultimate time waster! And, Facebook, if you're reading this, I don't mean that in a good way.


I admire the Facebook crew for finding ways to make the site seem new and interesting. How about they give the users the option to change the font size (or even the font)? I'm not the only one questioning this. Look at what this quick search turned up.

I'm glad I looked it up. I found this fix that will work for Chrome & Firefox browsers. And if you don't want to do a download, press CTRL +.

No comments: