Thursday, August 7, 2008

I AM OLD

I'm doing my usual web surfing before lunch when I stumble upon a story that might as well tell me I need a walker.

The headline:

Who's turning 50?

Like I REALLY need the Statesman to tell me the musicians I've grown up listening to (and still have 4 and 5 star ratings on my iPod) will hit the big 5-0 this year! My thoughts on some of them:
  • I've seen Madonna lately and wonder what she's done to her face, while seemingly neglecting her frightening hands. Click here for a Madge slideshow.
  • I don't understand why Prince has become such a funhater, refusing to let fans make their own video tributes to his music on youtube.
  • Michael Jackson, well, no matter how old the calendar says he is, we know he still thinks he's a 12-year-old boy.
Granted, I'm not even in my mid-30s (yet), but I absolutely HATE the idea of these people getting old. I know it means that soon I'll be like my mother, listening to an oldies station and talking about how things USED to be.

Way to start off my Thursday, Statesman. If you want to see who else reaches the big milestone this year, watch this.

2 comments:

dt said...

Maybe all you need is more cowbell!

Nicole said...

is that the secret to youth?