Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Problem Fixed???

The a/c guy showed up yesterday afternoon. He was about to climb up in the attic to check the unit up there when I asked about the heater working. He asked me turn on the heater (which is totally ridiculous when it's 88 degrees in my house, but if it fixes the problem, I'll crank it up). I do, it comes on and he decides - like Kenny suspected - the problem is with the thermostat.

MY thermostat that I spent more than $60 on. We talked about the cheap ones the electric company uses (he says they're bad and always need to be replaced - so think about that before you decide to sign up for their alleged energy saver program).

He went to my thermostat, took some wires out, connect them directly and, voila, the cool air started blowing. He said replacing the thermostat should do the trick. Sadly, he did not have a programmable thermostat on him, so he installed a regular thermostat. He still has to come back to give me the programmable one.

So, indulge me in my optimism. Here's hoping this is the LAST time I have issues with the whole freeze-up thing. Cross your fingers, toes, eyes and whatever else you can to make this happen!

No comments: