Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'm All Political

I can't help it. I am already in politics mode at work. Watching the Democratic National Convention this week (only in primetime - I can't watch the delegates do their thing - YAWN), I'm starting to get excited about the November election!

But there's something that's been bothering me...those Hillary supporters who feel wronged by Obama's nomination - like he stole it from her (racists - BTW, that's an inside joke as I call someone a racist every day). What I don't understand is why they would rather abandon the party that represents their views for one that is basically the complete opposite? So, I decided to do some fact checking myself this morning to see just how different Clinton and Obama really are.

This article says the two have shared identical votes on the issues. The only thing separating them? Time spent in the Senate.

I found this comparison of their stance on health care.

They're like-minded in their take on crime issues.

Difference are really hard to spot in this side-by-side comparison.

Here's another comparison with a timeline (it makes the age difference quite noticeable).

Not much of a difference on these issues.

Now, I ask you to compare Obama to John McCain. If you truly care about the issues (and with the privilege of being a voter, you should be), you should be able to put aside your bitter feelings about Clinton having to sit this one out. She'll be back, whether it's in four years or eight. Until then, do you want to sacrifice your future out of spite? Would it be worth it? You know, the thing about elections is that once it's done, it's pretty hard to un-do it. And if you elect someone you're not happy with, you have to ride it out. I'm not telling you who to vote for. I just ask that in these next two months you take time to become an informed voter and use your head instead of your heart.

To get you on the right path, look at what Obama says about the issues and look at what McCain says about the issues. Pay attention while you're there. Which one shares your ideas? Vote for HIM.

No comments: