Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Movie Music

The American Film Institute says these are the best movie songs of all time. I think it's a fine list. What would you add to it?

1. Over the Rainbow, The Wizard of Oz
2. As Time Goes By, Casablanca
3. Singin’ in the Rain, Singin’ in the Rain
4. Moon River, Breakfast at Tiffany’s
5. White Christmas, Holiday Inn
6. Mrs. Robinson, The Graduate
7. When You Wish upon a Star, Pinocchio
8. The Way We Were, The Way We Were
9. Stayin’ Alive, Saturday Night Fever
10. The Sound of Music, The Sound of Music

2 comments:

Julie said...

What about Ghostbusters !!!!????????????!! Ha ha. Just Kidding. Those are great songs. But I love these as well (mostly from 80's movies) "Pretty in Pink", "Don't You Forget About Me" (Breakfast Club) ... oh and "Come What May" from Moulin Rouge. That song was so great! I'm going to think of some more as soon as I post this comment, so be prepared for more insight from me ....

jayme said...

My faves are definitely "As Time Goes By" and "The Sound of Music" though I have to vote for "My Favorite Things" too!

BTW I'm totally skipping more orientation today. Bad?