Sunday, May 4, 2008

Baseball Saturday

This weekend, I traveled down to Corpus to watch the Hooks play the Missions. No general admission tickets. We sat high above the ordinary folk, who kept being pestered by the Party Patrol (you know who THOSE people are - the annoying people who insist on making people dance so they'll wind up on the big screen, clap, do the wave. It's not that I don't like doing some of those things. I just don't like being prompted to do them. I'm not a trained monkey or something. Wait. That's not a nice thing to do to a monkey). Back on subject. Here's the view we enjoyed:











We had a lot of fun - not just because our seats were right off the bar. We were able to watch the game and visit. If you've ever been to a sporting event, you know that's not easy to do. You usually have people shush you. Oh, and you know how the Brewers have the sausage races? The Hooks have the running of the hogs. The mean side of me was hoping for something like this:



Instead, the little porkers made their way around the field without incident.
The Hooks were playing really well until the top of the 9th. The third baseman intended to throw to first, not in the stands. Then, a few plays later, the catcher threw to second, and that wound up in center field. It cost them the game.

It reminded me of when I used to play softball. We had moments of greatness, then looked a little like the Bad News Bears. If you want to see some of the other photos I took, just scroll down to the bottom of the blog. They're part of a slideshow!

No comments: