Friday, May 2, 2008

The Office, Did I Stutter?

OK. I know I've said this before, but this show gets funnier each week. The thing that made me laugh the most had nothing to do with Stanley and Michael's showdown. They had me at "wet cement."

Kelly: I was watching E! and I saw Will Smith outside the Chinese Theater and he looked so good...
Michael: Pam, translate!
Pam: She's talking about the hand prints that celebrities make in cement.
Michael: I love it!
Jim: If you were a real star, you would put your face in it.
Michael: I love it more!
Oscar: That doesn't seem safe.
Michael: I love it!

There's a brief ceremony, then Michael puts his face in the wet cement.

Dwight: Force it in as hard as you can.
Michael: (muffled) That's what she said.

Afterwards, Michael has this moment:

"Today's a very special day for me. And it's really not about me. It's about my grandkids. It's about my great-grandkids. I can come back here and when I'm 100 I can find that piece of cement and say, 'That's me! Look kids! Your daddy left a facehole!' I don't know. It's a good feeling."

There were many funny moments between Andy and Angela, Andy and Dwight, Michael and Stanley, Michael and Tobey. But it was also funny with Pam wearing her back-up glasses after a sleepover at Jim's. I just LOVE this show!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved how Dwight was "flipping" Andy's car. "Knock off $1500 and we got a deal... In 5, 4, 3... I'm thinking... Do it. Sell It. Do it. Sell it.."