Friday, May 23, 2008

Vote Early, Vote Often!

I'm not talking about politics. This post is about MLB's All Star game! And I'm endorsing just one candidate:

Lance Berkman! Now, I'm not just telling you to vote for him because he's on my fantasy team (as he has been since he got in the big leagues). I'm saying he deserves to be there more than anyone else. I write that knowing the only baseball game I've watched in full all season has not been a major league game. Still, I'll let today's numbers speak for themselves:

AVG HR RBI SB
.388 16 45 9

Think this girl who has chosen to watch reality TV over baseball doesn't know what she's talking about? Try this. But you know what? His Wikipedia page says he was an alternate for Clyde Drexler on Dancing With The Stars - so maybe I would have seen him on TV!

Seriously, I am a fan - and not just because he plays for the Astros (I've been rooting for them as long as I can remember)! Not only can he hit, but he almost always has a good attitude. Fans don't call him jerk (though they have been known to call him "Fat Elvis"). Oh, and when he played in the outfield, you'd see him blowing bubbles with his gum and sliding to catch a fly ball. If that's not All Star material, I don't know what is!

That said, go here to vote (you'll have to register first - don't complain, just do it).

No comments: