Tuesday, May 27, 2008

OOPS!

The local newspaper, capitalizing on the fact that this town loves its Spurs, has been putting out full page "collectible" posters of the players. I use the quotation marks around the word collectible because, to me, it's a bunch of nonsense to save some newspaper ad. If they were printed on nice paper, I might think differently. Otherwise, it's just a gimmick to get people who don't read the newspaper to actually pay for it. That's not why I'm writing this post.

Take a look at today's freebie:
That is Robert Horry. However, he's not wearing the right number. He's wearing Ime Udoka's number. Horry has been sporting number 25 this season. So what happened? Did their people get lazy and choose to use a picture of Horry from his first four years with the Spurs?

All I know is if my station made a big ol' mistake like THAT, they'd be all over us. Just putting it out there.

No comments: