Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Summer Vacation, TV Shows!

So, apparently you readers don't like reality TV! Two shows tied, and one came in a close third in my poll, which asked what shows you'd miss over the summer.

First up, Lost - which hasn't left us (yet). The two-hour finale is this week. The season was abbreviated by the writers strike, making it a little harder to wait until the season resumes next year (sob). I'm dying to find out why only six of them made it off the island! Did they choose to stay? Are they still alive? And why is Jack still The Decider off the island?

Next up, The Office. Is it just me, or does every season of this show seem to be too short? I have my DVR set to record all episodes of this show, not just the new ones because I still like to get my fix of the fine folks at Dunder Mifflin. I laugh at every episode (some more than others). I'm not sure I want to see Pam and Jim get married, though they are cute together. Will the new HR girl continue to think Kevin is, um, special? And will Michael still flirt with her, or will he help Jan through her pregnancy? Will Andy's rage be unleashed when he finds out about Angela and Dwight hooking up? I have until fall to think of more questions!

The third place finisher in the poll was How I Met Your Mother. If you only learned about this show because of all the hype surrounding Britney Spears appearance, you have missed out. Neil Patrick Harris is - wait for it - awesome as Barney (Julie, I chose that picture just for you). Everyone else is good, too. They have such chemistry, like they're real friends hanging out and figuring out life. Is Ted meant to be with Stella? Are Barney and Robin soul mates? Will Lily and Marshall move into that crazy apartment with the slanted floors? I don't know. But I know they'll make me laugh every Monday!

If you haven't watched any of those shows before, go out and rent them - or borrow them from someone you know. I recommend you start with Season 1 (mandatory for Lost newbies). Then, work your way through the following seasons all summer long!

Thanks for voting in the poll! Look for another one soon!

No comments: