Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I Might Be Trying To Kill Myself

But, it might be allergies.

Seriously. For the last week or so, I've been waking up with my hands on my face, which is buried in my pillow! Once I wake up and the numbness from my hands is gone, I realize I'm all stuffy and my nose is itchy.

Last year, I went to an allergy doctor to find out what's wrong with me (I was doing the smothering thing then, too). However, they did not tell me not to take any antihistamines before I got there. They went on with the test where they stick you with allergens to see what you react to - even though I had OTC drugs in my system. Of course, it came back with nothing out of the ordinary. My doctor suspects I'm just sensitive to changes in the weather, dust and smoke.

The weather is changing here (it went from 98 on Saturday to 85 on Sunday), but this is insane! What if I were to fall into a really deep sleep and not wake up? What would Charley do? Should I train him to dial 911 with his teeny tiny paws? Should I alert the dogwalker to check my bedroom when she's here?

I'm going to take the allergy drugs prescribed to me before bedtime tonight and see if that changes anything. If you don't hear from me tomorrow, check Julie's blog. I'll tell her to post if something bad happens to me!

No comments: