Friday, June 20, 2008

EW New Movie Classics

Here's the third part of the list:

26. HOOP DREAMS (1994) - Kids should watch this before seeing the flashy side of life in the pros.
27. ALIENS (1986) - This creeps me out.
28. WINGS OF DESIRE (1988) - Never heard of it. And now it's in my Netflix queue.
29. THE BOURNE SUPREMACY (2004) - When I first saw Matt Damon in the movies, I thought he'd just be that drama guy. He is. And he's that action guy, too. LOVE HIM!
30. WHEN HARRY MET SALLY... (1989) - I loved the movie but don't think this is a good idea.
31. BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN (2005) - At first, you think, "EW. Gay cowboys. They're not even walking around without their shirts so I can ogle them." And then you realize it's a wonderful LOVE story. Beautifully written. Wonderfully acted.
32. FIGHT CLUB (1999) - I'll break rule number one (nobody talks about fight club). I like it - and not just because it's about punching people. It's crazy. I like that in my cinema.
33. THE BREAKFAST CLUB (1985) - I wasn't even in Middle School when this came out, but I kind of wished for detention just to see if it was like that. I never got detention, but I know you don't often have a merging of the clicks like that.
34. FARGO (1996) - Perfection.
35. THE INCREDIBLES (2004) - THIS is my kinda superhero flick! It's funny. It tells a story. AND it's animated!
36. SPIDER-MAN 2 (2004) - Good special effects. The story line wasn't that exciting to me.
37. PRETTY WOMAN (1990) - How can you NOT like this? I mean, Julia Roberts is so cute in this movie, when she smiles, you smile. If you don't, there's something wrong with you. You should see a doctor about that stick up your behind.
38. ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND (2004) - If I could rid my memory of the bad things, I wouldn't. That's why I am who I am. And I like that.
39. THE SIXTH SENSE (1999) - The whole time I was watching this, I kept wondering what I was missing. And then there's THAT moment. And you know. And you don't tell.
40. SPEED (1994) - Clean cut Keanu. What more do you need?
41. DAZED AND CONFUSED (1993) - Richard Linklater's best work. The casting, the writing, the music - it's all good. Check you later. Ha!
42. CLUELESS (1995) - Do a list of new classics and leave this off? As if! I remember seeing this in the theatre and agreeing with it - even though I'm a) not blonde and b) smarter than Cher. I think.
43. GLADIATOR (2000) - One of Russell Crowe's best films!
44. THE PLAYER (1992) - I've seen this movie a few time and every time I'm surprised how much I like it. Some great cameos in this one.
45. RAIN MAN (1988) - This is a fantastic film! I cannot believe it's this far down the list. Oh, and if you know Tim, get him to do his Rain Man. It's hilarious!
46. CHILDREN OF MEN (2006) - Clive Owen. Yum. And the movie's not bad, either.
47. MEN IN BLACK (1997) - Will Smith going from the Fresh Prince to Action Star. I liked it then, but when I watch it now, I think "cheese."
48. SCARFACE (1983) - I'm not even gangsta and I LOVE this movie. Pacino at his best!
49. CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON (2000) - Yes, it was a huge hit. No, I didn't see it. I don't really care for martial arts. Probably not the last time you'll hear that from me.
50. THE PIANO (1993) - I like a little more conversation in my movies.

No comments: