Monday, June 30, 2008

I'm Here To Save Lives, People


OK. I'm doing this for my own selfish reason: I want you to keep reading my blog.

I read this story in the NY Times about "The 11 Best Foods You Aren't Eating." There are quite a few that I have no interest in. You can follow the link to see why they're so good for you (and how to serve them). Here's the list, and why I like/don't like 'em:
  1. Beets. Um, no thank you. The color scares me. And the fact that it turns your pee colors is disgusting. Have I grossed you out already?
  2. Cabbage. I eat this when it's either in soup or in the form of my grandma's cole slaw.
  3. Swiss Chard. I've seen this at the store, and I've kept right on walking.
  4. Cinnamon. Yes. I'm for this. Especially when it's with chocolate. Oh, and on a roll. With icing.
  5. Pomegranate Juice. Yes, please. And can I get it in a martini glass with a little something special?
  6. Dried Plums. Ew.
  7. Pumpkin Seeds. I do these every now and then. I prefer sunflower seeds (and lately, I'm digging the dill pickle flavored ones).
  8. Sardines. Nope. It's cat food.
  9. Turmeric. This is a spice. I'd have to smell it first. If it doesn't pass that test, it will not see my plate.
  10. Frozen Blueberries. MMMMMM. Berries. Good.
  11. Canned Pumpkin. I like this in a crust, baked with spices and topped with Cool Whip. Some people might call this pumpkin pie.
You're welcome.

No comments: