OK. I'm doing this for my own selfish reason: I want you to keep reading my blog.
I read this story in the NY Times about "The 11 Best Foods You Aren't Eating." There are quite a few that I have no interest in. You can follow the link to see why they're so good for you (and how to serve them). Here's the list, and why I like/don't like 'em:
- Beets. Um, no thank you. The color scares me. And the fact that it turns your pee colors is disgusting. Have I grossed you out already?
- Cabbage. I eat this when it's either in soup or in the form of my grandma's cole slaw.
- Swiss Chard. I've seen this at the store, and I've kept right on walking.
- Cinnamon. Yes. I'm for this. Especially when it's with chocolate. Oh, and on a roll. With icing.
- Pomegranate Juice. Yes, please. And can I get it in a martini glass with a little something special?
- Dried Plums. Ew.
- Pumpkin Seeds. I do these every now and then. I prefer sunflower seeds (and lately, I'm digging the dill pickle flavored ones).
- Sardines. Nope. It's cat food.
- Turmeric. This is a spice. I'd have to smell it first. If it doesn't pass that test, it will not see my plate.
- Frozen Blueberries. MMMMMM. Berries. Good.
- Canned Pumpkin. I like this in a crust, baked with spices and topped with Cool Whip. Some people might call this pumpkin pie.