Sunday, June 15, 2008

My New Addition

I've been talking about getting Charley a friend for a while (even entertained the idea of catnapping the neighbors friendly feline). Then, Bill and Shannon had a handful of kittens. I saw the pictures, thought about it for a few weeks and today I went and picked up this little guy.So far, Charley and the kitten have gotten along fine. Charley keeps sniffing him, and kitten keeps letting him. I've put a collar with a bell on him and he doesn't seem to care for that. I just want to be able to keep tabs on him (no stealth mode in my house). It's a little big on him right now, but I imagine he will grow into it before I know it! He's super sweet. He's taken to sleeping on my shoulder and purring as I pet him. I hope he out grows that. When he's full grown, he might be able to smother me!

I'm working on a name. Shannon was calling him Brownie. Because he was so vocal, I was thinking about naming him Screech (however, seeing what a jerk Dustin Diamond has become made me think otherwise). If you have any suggestions, drop 'em in the comments section.

No comments: