Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Suck It Oil Companies, Pt. 4

This is getting beyond ridiculous! I no longer wait until I'm close to empty. Since prices average $3.89 in my part of town, I'm filling up when I get just below 1/3 of a tank left. There was actually a Shell station near me that was at $3.95 over the weekend (which had me screaming more than "suck it!"), but they came to their senses and brought it down to $3.89.

You know, a year ago, I never would have thought THAT was sensible. It's not really. It's more like less crazy than $4. When it hits that mark who knows what I'll do. I might have to change the title of this serious to something a little harsher. I'll keep plugging away as gas prices climb (by my account more than 30 cents over the last 6 months).

And because I'm nice (with no hidden agenda), I'm passing on this website: http://gasprices.mapquest.com/

Book mark it, use it on your cell phone while you're out. Unlike some of those other gas-tracking sites, this one gets the information from the fueling stations and if it's not updated in 48 hours, it's yanked. Just looking at it now, I think I should move to Gwinner, North Dakota. Gas there is only $3.58!

No comments: