Sunday, June 29, 2008

My Extreme Makeover

There are two things about my hair: it's super curly and it's super long - at least it was.

You see, I had enough of my hair, always being in the way, getting tangled and, most days, winding up in a pony tail. I mentioned it to my Mom, and presto-change-o, I was seeing her stylist for a hair cut.

If he didn't shave his head, he would have curly hair. Not as curly as mine, but still, curls. Those of you with curly hair know why this is important. Let me educate the rest of you: when people cut hair, if they have curls, they understand that the length of your hair after it's been washed is NOT the same once it dries. In my case, my hair, wet and combed out was more than halfway down my back. I explained that I wanted it to be at my shoulders. Within half an hour, my head felt lighter. The floor was littered with curls. Here's one pile of 'em.He carefully blew out my curls, making my hair one lovely mop of straight hair. Until I walked outside and was hit by the humidity. Within half an hour, I could feel my hair growing out - literally. That was the same day we went to see my dad's office (see previous post). I was glad I could pull it into a pony tail because it was not a cute thing - all big and puffy.

I thought about taking a picture of my nub of a pony tail, but realized that wouldn't give you an idea of what I'm dealing with. So, here. I'm only wearing lip gloss - no makeup. Boo!If you think this is short, you should see it curly. You'll have to catch the live show for that.

No comments: