Saturday, June 14, 2008

Smart Move???

Oh, Katherine Heigl.

You had to go and diss the writers and producers of the show that gives you a pretty nice (and steady) income by saying you "did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination and in an effort to maintain the integrity of the academy organization, I withdrew my name from contention.In addition, I did not want to potentially take away an opportunity from an actress who was given such materials."

MMMHHHHMMM.

That's why Lindsay Lohan didn't want anything to do with the Emmy's either.

To be fair, I agree with Heigl. The show is pretty ridiculous. Seriously.

I didn't start watching it until this season (I watched the previous episodes on DVD after I was told I was missing out. Now, I'm watching just because.) Every character is whiny and needy - and way to self-absorbed to make me care for them now.

SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE FIRST SEASON: The only time I thought Heigl was fantastic on this show was the whole Denny thing. I cried with her as he died. And then came the following season. The writers lost focus. Some of the actors found work outside of Seattle Grace.

But is it fair for Heigl to slam the show that has gotten her where she is now? I don't think so. It's not like her character's name is in the title. However, you can bet it will certainly give them reason to give her what she wants: better material - probably in the form of her character being killed the next season. It's really a win-win. Heigl gets out of her contract, the show gets rid of a real-life whiny brat.

No comments: